Back to church
The church leadership has approved the re-opening of church from Sunday 4 October at 9.00am (please note the change of time). With the President’s recent announcement, we are now able to accommodate up to 50% of the churches seating capacity with social distancing considerations.
Thank you to those who filled in the church survey. This helped give direction with regards to planning for the reopening of the church.
You are welcome at any stage to make a booking to return to church, even if you indicated on the survey that you would reassess either in October or later (or if you did not reply to the survey). Bookings are open to anyone wanting to return when they feel comfortable to do so.
It is essential that you book EVERY week to secure your place on either the website or by following the WhatsApp link. By booking you give permission for us to save your name, surname, address, contact number and ID number for record purposes as well as track & trace purposes.
Please ensure you receive email confirmation of your booking. Alternative confirmation will be given to those without email access.
For the 1st Sunday in October, there will only be 1 service at 9:00am; thereafter if the response to attend church exceeds our capacity, provision will be made for another service at 5.00pm (please note change of time).
If you have booked, but for any reason you are unable to attend, please contact Chris Horn (083 477 2189), so that space can be made for someone else to attend.
- Please arrive between 15-30 minutes before the start of service to be screened.
- On arrival your details will be confirmed.
- Your temperature taken.
- You need to sign each time you attend church.
Regrettably, should you arrive with a temperature above 37.5, you will not be granted access. If you are sick in any way, in consideration to others, please do not attend. Please note: Should you have a comorbidity or be in an at-risk category, you return at your own risk.
The reopening of Sunday services will be subject to strict protocol observances to honour those God has appointed over us to govern our country as well as in consideration towards one another to guard one another’s health and wellbeing with the prevalence of the coronavirus.
These protocols include:
- A maximum of 50% church capacity attending at any given service.
- Wearing of masks throughout the service.
- Social distancing seating.
- No singing.
- Sanitizing of hands.
- Screening with full details including temperature.
- No refreshments served.
- No Bibles will be in the pews – please bring your own.
- No offering will be taken (please continue to or shift to using EFT where possible).
- No paper may be distributed (no handouts).
- No pencils in the pews.
Children will be accommodated in 3 categories as follows:
- Ages 0-3yrs (NO creche available – self-help
[3 spaces in the cry room/family room])
- Pre-schoolers (Gr RRR/RR/R [maximum 10])
- Gr 1 – 6 (maximum 25)
- Gr 7 – 12 (book as per adults)
It is essential that all children are booked in, irrespective of their age.
Volunteers needed (service opportunity)
We will need a team to assist us as follows:
- A team of 5 people for registration to assist with sanitizing and screening before the service.
- 1 car guard during the service.
- A sanitising team of 6 people to sanitize the premises after the service.
Should you wish to volunteer or have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Wayne or Chris.